Please help me with improving dlang.org

Tofu Ninja via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 17 23:11:25 PST 2015

On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 02:18:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I took the better part of today working on this:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/780.
> See demo at http://erdani.com/d/.
>
> What do you all think? Is it an improvement over what we have
> now?
>
> I'd appreciate your help with reviewing and pulling this, and
> also with improving the colors (which I'm terrible at) and page
> tracking as mentioned in the pull request.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

Personally I don't like it, doesn't look like it matches with the
rest of the site. But its totally awesome that something is
getting done about the site because it does seem like its getting
a little stale.

Personally what needs more attention is not the side menu, which
I think is fine how it is now IMO, but the front page. It has way
more code than what it should. Needs to be a good landing pad
that advertises things like dub and visualD, and have quick
downloads.

Also, what happened to the site redesign that was a big topic of
talk a few months back? It seems to have faded out of talk and I
haven't really seen any thing done about it.