Use proper frameworks for building dlang.org

aldanor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 06:00:56 PST 2015

On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 13:01:48 UTC, MattCoder wrote:
> On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 10:24:29 UTC, Jacob Carlborg
> wrote:
>> What do you think?
>
> I'm seeing a lot a topics regards about fixing website, styles
> an so on. Maybe is time to try to raise money and hire someone
> with good knowledge and of course freetime to work only on it?
>
> Matheus.

It also looks a bit wrong seeing Andrei as one of the core devs
putting so much time into the website issues, styling in
particular (don't get me wrong, this is absolutely fantastic that
someone's willing to do that, thanks Andrei -- and it looks like
most of the community now recognizes the need).

It's that any semi-decent web designer would probably do a better
job on the website design and layout while still spending less
time doing that (because they've done it a hundred times already
and/or do it for living). However, not every web designer can
hack on system language internals and review D PRs!.. So someone
needs to step up and do it (and/or redo it, and/or hire someone
to do it).

That's just my 2 cents which is purely subjective.