Please help me with improving dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 09:05:29 PST 2015

On 1/18/15 9:02 AM, aldanor wrote:
> This is usually solved by media queries / responsive design / grid
> frameworks, sorry if I'm stating the obvious :) Try resizing the
> commonly used websites and see what happens, e.g. for ruby-lang you have
> at least 3 "versions" which are selected automatically based on the
> current viewport's settings which the browser provides:
> http://imgur.com/a/gE38d
>
> E.g. the menus on the left getting folded into one mobile "button" which
> expands them on demand and leaves more space for the actual content, or
> some elements disappearing in smaller viewports altogether (like the
> twitter feed div). This is quite a pain to manage manually without
> having an underlying grid framework.

My understanding is there are various simpler way to do this, e.g.
separate styles for small screen devices, redirection to a different
URL, setting "hidden" to certain DIVs dynamically etc. etc. As you
saying there's no way to do this unless we use some grid framework I
know nothing about and probably need to learn? -- Andrei