Please help me with improving dlang.org

NVolcz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 13:27:24 PST 2015

On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 02:18:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> I took the better part of today working on this:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/780.
> See demo at http://erdani.com/d/.
>
> What do you all think? Is it an improvement over what we have
> now?
>
> I'd appreciate your help with reviewing and pulling this, and
> also with improving the colors (which I'm terrible at) and page
> tracking as mentioned in the pull request.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Andrei

The sidebar colors does look... I liked the old menus better. It
was a bit old school but it still looked good (like the reddit
menus). The only bad thing about the old menus is that there is
to many links
Responsive design is missing. I think we could get some of it for
free if we used a framework like bootstrap (rust uses it).
Many different styles on different sections. It feels like I'm
redirected all around the web. E.x code.dlang.org vs. dlang.org.
Shouldn't all this be under the same site? Maybe we should give
some indication that some links are not part of dlang.org.

Googles pagespeed also gives some nice guidelines:
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=dlang.org

Best regards,
NVolcz