Use proper frameworks for building dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 18 18:31:17 PST 2015

On 1/18/15 10:49 AM, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> On 2015-01-18 18:23, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>
>> Heheh, way to use Archuduke's Ferdinand assassination :o). I'm sorry
>> Jacob but this one is really out there.
>>
>> DDoc has nothing with this, and to the extent it does it actually helps.
>
> No it has not, but other strange solutions you're coming up with for CSS
> minification and gzip.

So now minification and gzipping are the culprit? I don't quite understand.

> I'm not going to touch the code for the web site as long as it's written
> in Ddoc. Simple as that.

I understand. Now there are a couple of issues here worth mentioning.

1. Technical arguments are good, but this sounds a bit like an
ideological position. I'd have difficulty resonating with that.

2. We all know from math that negating the hypothesis doesn't
necessarily lead to negating the conclusion :o). So if we switch to
Rails there's no guarantee you will contribute after all; or it's
possible you will, just not a lot, and then it's me holding the bag.

3. This rigidity doesn't quite bode well. Simply put, if you led a
project, would you want to pave the way to work with a guy with a
similar stance?

Andrei