Use proper frameworks for building dlang.org

Mathias LANG via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 02:49:49 PST 2015

On Sunday, 18 January 2015 at 16:41:36 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
> [...]
> I don't know. So what would be the replacement? BTW turns out
> that dlangspec.pdf is downloaded quite a bit. -- Andrei

Bummer.
I never used it, so I figured I should give it a try before
attempting to kill it.
I didn't see it at first sight on the download page (which is
quite inconsistent), but it's there.
So I simply searched the website. First result was a link to your
post on the newsgroup, second was this:
http://dlang.org/dlangspec.pdf
No link to downloads or specs on the first page of google results
(but that might be different for others).

ATM, it's 4 completely useless pages, and seem to have been this
way for quite some time:
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/yqhwwpskwmkdefarjavm@forum.dlang.org
Searching Github yield no confidence in it either (
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/687 )

How many maintainers actively work on the pdf / mobi version ?
 From what I can grep from dlang.org's commit, you are the only
one taking care of this.

I'm just saying a pdf/mobi version is not important, or there's
no interest in it.
All I'm saying is that Ali poured years of work to write and keep
his book up to date. So why don't we use that ?