[DRAFT] This Week in D - Jan 18

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 09:10:48 PST 2015

On 1/19/15 1:33 AM, John Colvin wrote:
> On Monday, 19 January 2015 at 02:29:11 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>> * Styling needs work :o).
>>

>> Andrei
>
> Personally I really like the spartan styling. I don't see any need for a
> whole load of colourful background and heavy styling etc. any more than
> I would on the page of a book.

A whole load of colorful background and heavy styling would be bad
styling. Look at Mengu's mockup: http://i.imgur.com/VRmCwCT.png. You see
that and immediately go, "Cool, let's read that". You look at a bare
page you go "Urgh, this better be good".

That stuff does matter even though we know it somehow shouldn't and like
to think we personally are immune to it.

Andrei