Use proper frameworks for building dlang.org

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 12:41:07 PST 2015

On 2015-01-19 13:00, "Ola Fosheim =?UTF-8?B?R3LDuHN0YWQi?=
<ola.fosheim.grostad+dlang at gmail.com>" wrote:

> I would suggest you avoid frameworks since they go out of fashion fairly
> quickly and makes maintenance dependent on individuals (with framework
> knowledge). jQuery adds little value since browsers are fairly
> standards-compliant these days, IMO.

These are well established frameworks used by very many developers. I
would bet that each of them have more users than D has. If you don't
like frameworks you free to call the tools something else.

> http://caniuse.com/#feature_sort=score
>
> It would also look very bad if you cannot run dlang.org on D tech. I
> suggest using dlang.org for driving phobos implementation/binding of
> standard w3 web tech. No point in having D marketing other languages or
> their frameworks.

I guess you stopped reading after "Rails" since I said it would be
better to use vibe.d.

> 1. semantic markup i  XML (DDoc 2 XML would be a good startingpoint)
>
> 2. XSLT for transforming XML to HTML5
>
> 3. K.I.S.S. design wise: WAI+HTML5+CSS3 (marginal use of JS)

I suggested well established tools for web development. I can't say that
is true for Ddoc. I also never heard of anyone using XSLT for web
development.

> It would be better to use dlang.org development to drive the design of
> vibe.d and phobos and front D as a capable server tech.

Again, you just stopped reading the post.

--
/Jacob Carlborg