Thanks to p0nce for a nicer DConf logo!

ponce via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 13:43:01 PST 2015

On Monday, 19 January 2015 at 16:30:14 UTC, Russel Winder via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-01-19 at 15:31 +0000, ponce via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> […]
>>
>> Dunno, maybe an US person would tell if "Utah" would be
>> preferable to "UT".
>
> I guess it depends if you want non USA people to know the
> location. I
> appreciate that everyone inside the USA knows all the state
> codes, and
> knows that if you do not specify a country, of course it is in
> the USA.
> However, for people not in the USA this knowledge is absent –
> though
> people in the USA haven't really cottoned on to that yet.
>
> Basically I think D should be a global thing, not a USA-centric
> one.

My view point:
- I didn't know what UT meant myself
- I didn't know where the city was anyway
- it seems customary for Americans to see city names with the
State code
- but, being a conference in the US, it is expected more US
people are expected to fill the seats
- "Orem, Utah" might feel dumb to americans, dunno
- "Orem, UT" sounds kind-of cool and looks better than "Orem,
Utah". Subjective I know.