Thanks to p0nce for a nicer DConf logo!

David Gileadi via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 14:14:23 PST 2015

On 1/19/15, 3:02 PM, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
> The thing is, there are several state abbreviations that always confuse
> people. For instance AL is Alabama, but could be Alaska (AK) and AK
> might be confused as Arkansas (AR), which may be confused as Arizona (AZ).*

I can confirm this: as a teen from UT I took a job at a gas station near
the north rim of the Grand Canyon in AZ and spent most of the summer
entering AR as the state code on their paper credit card entry form.
Finally someone kindly set me straight.

In any case I think the potential confusion from "UT" in the dconf.org
headline may be mitigated by the fact that it's preceded by "Utah" in
the university name.