Like Go/Rust, why not to have "func" keyword before function declaration

weaselcat via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 16:18:04 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 at 00:13:37 UTC, Brian Schott wrote:
> On Monday, 19 January 2015 at 22:49:41 UTC, Ary Borenszweig
> wrote:
>> So... how do you search for a function definition in D without
>> an IDE?
>
> Running `dscanner --help` prints this:
>
> --declaration | -d symbolName [sourceFiles sourceDirectories]
>     Find the location where symbolName is declared. This should
> be more
>     accurate than "grep". Searches the given files and
> directories, or the
>     current working directory if none are specified.

you posted this while I was reading the first page : (

guess I could add an addendum
I don't think being able to find a function by grepping "func
foo" is anywhere near a valid reason for adding this syntax.
Programming languages should be made for humans to read, and
having "func" just adds visual noise.

*cough*function attributes