Like Go/Rust, why not to have "func" keyword before function declaration

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 19 18:55:22 PST 2015

On 20/01/2015 1:17 p.m., Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/19/2015 2:49 PM, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
>> So... how do you search for a function definition in D without an IDE?
>
> I do a text search for the name of the function.
>
> I've been programming in C, C++, and D for 30 years without an IDE. It
> never occurred to me that this was not doable :-)

I've only been programming for 8 years on and off IDE's.
And I must say, even I do the old search for function names even when in
an IDE! Thanks MonoD and friends! You do great on the searching!

I'm not really complaining. Once we have Intellij IDEA plugin fully
working, these problems will go away altogether. Since it cache's AST
and bunch of other nice tricks.