A new and exciting way in which DMD fails to build for me

Meta via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 20 13:57:54 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 at 21:37:08 UTC, ketmar via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 21:11:29 +0000
> Meta via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 at 20:50:49 UTC, ketmar via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> > this may be timestamp-related somehow, 'cause make looks
>> > only to
>> > timestamps to determine which file(s) should be rebuild.
>> > does this
>> > occurs if you cloning dmd repo in fresh place? i built
>> > windows version
>> > of dmd not so long ago and everything was ok.
>>
>> I just made a fresh clone and tried again, same thing happens.
> hm. were from it got that "id.c" at all? isn't there old
> "idgen.exe" lying somewhere in your %PATH%? win32.mak runs just
> "idgen", so sometimes when something is gone haywire it may call
> "idgen.exe" from some other place.
>
> i don't know why it uses simple "idgen" instead of
> ".\\idgen.exe". you
> can try to fix that like in make (it's around "id.h id.c :
> idgen.c"
> rule) and see if that changes anything.

The only things in my path when I run make are:

C:\D\dmd2\windows\bin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd
C:\D\dm\bin

Also, when I open a new shell window and type "where idgen.exe",
it points to the one in the DMD folder. I'll try editing the
makefile, however, and see if that works.