New menus are up

Rikki Cattermole via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 20 15:49:27 PST 2015

On 21/01/2015 5:30 a.m., Vladimir Panteleev wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 at 03:36:16 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
>>>
>>> They don't need to all exist. The idea is to link to a page that anyone
>>> can create, and then anyone else can get to by clicking the same link in
>>> the page header.
>>
>> I fear that newcomers finding many of those page unpopulated would
>> think there's no activity etc. -- Andrei
>
> I could run a script to populate them with a placeholder.
>
> These pages were numerous on the old wiki, and although we could look
> into migrating them, most information is likely outdated by now.

Even if they get created with a stub, its not really adding anything.
De clutter the design and remove them.

In my entire time in the community, I haven't heard about these buttons
ever being used, let alone referred to.

Worse case scenario, we find out we need them for a few pages. We can
add some links in the text. No biggy.