D on Slashdot

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 20 18:06:59 PST 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 01:56:32AM +0000, Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 at 01:52:51 UTC, ketmar via Digitalmars-d
> wrote:
> >On Wed, 21 Jan 2015 01:44:07 +0000
> >Vlad Levenfeld via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d at puremagic.com> wrote:
> >
> >i can see how this thread slowly turning into "how i was forced to
> >live with windows and how painful it was" thread. ;-)
>
> Well misery loves company, and right now MS & NI are the two companies
> making me  miserable :)

I left the MS world after DOS stopped being viable (I have always hated
Windows) more than a decade ago, and have never looked back since. Every
now and then I'm forced to use Windows (or worse yet, asked to
diagnose/fix problems on my wife's Windows laptop), and I hate every
second of it.  :-P  Luckily, putty[1] alleviates some of the pain. :-)

[1] http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

If it tastes good, it's probably bad for you.