Emacs D-Mode [was Like Go/Rust, why not to have "func" keyword before function declaration]

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 21 00:40:48 PST 2015

On 1/21/2015 12:19 AM, Russel Winder via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> The Emacs D-Mode will only improve if people provide bug reports and
> fixes. A number of people are doing this for their "pain points". If the
> Emacs D-Mode is substandard for you, can you at least submit issues
> presenting the problems.

I wonder why software companies still make it impossible to submit bug reports.
For example, google:

"submit windows movie maker bug report"

Click on "Reporting and solving computer problems - Windows":

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/reporting-and-solving-computer-problems

Note that there is actually no way to report a problem to Microsoft, in spite of
what the headings say.

I find this utterly baffling. Why make it so difficult to report a bug?
Microsoft has always been like this, the only way I've ever been able to submit
a bug report was if I had a friend on the inside who'd carry it in for me.

This is probably why Windows Movie Maker is such a buggy program. It hangs
constantly, generates corrupt files when creating a movie file longer than 2G
(about 2 hours), etc.