dlang.org redesign n+1

DaveG via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 21 13:52:05 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 at 18:01:14 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 at 17:34:46 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 05:27:09PM +0000, anonymous via
>> Digitalmars-d wrote:

>>> I must have been taking crazy pills, because everyone else
>>> seems to
>>> love it, but I don't like the homepage. I
>>> have
>>> scroll
>>> down
>>> way
>>> too
>>> much
>>> actually
>>> see
>>> some
>>> content.
>>> Also, I can't make sense of the order of things.
>>>
>>> I know this is what-everybody-else-is-doing, and I don't like
>>> on other
>>> sites either.
>> [...]
>>
>> +1. I didn't like it either. But then again, the majority of
>> people
>> rarely agree with me, so I didn't say anything. But obviously
>> I'm not
>> alone in disliking this spaced-out layout.
>
> I don't like the front page either, but the doc view isn't so
> bad.

You're not alone gents. I like some parts and content pages
aren't too bad, but the homepage is completely impractical. It
feels like I'm emulating a giant phone. The problem with "mobile
first" design is the desktop often gets left behind. This may not
be a problem for sites that are primarily viewed on phones, but I
don't think that will be the case for dlang any time soon.