Compile time iota

Nick Treleaven via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 22 05:06:26 PST 2015

On 21/01/2015 19:15, zeljkog wrote:
> And good name staticIota, unlike TypeTuple. I always wonder what is raw
> tuple, TypeTuple or Tuple :)

Yes, there's a DIP to rename std.typetuple to std.meta.list. I made a
pull to do that (which goes further than the DIP), but I don't know if
the deprecation/disruption will be acceptable. If not, perhaps we could
just add a better named alias for TypeTuple (e.g. MetaTuple) but keep
the same module name. I don't think the status quo is really acceptable.

(In fact, I don't agree with removing deprecated symbols unless they are
actually buggy - this is what GTK does. If we kept them there would be
less friction and less cause not to deprecate things which are problematic).