D on Slashdot

Adam D. Ruppe via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 22 08:27:36 PST 2015

BTW you should try the terminal.getline function in my
terminal.d. It is fairly new, my own reimplementation of an
editable getline with history and completion based on the history.

One of the things mine does is show a bit of suggestion of it is
unambiguous and also if you hit tab twice, it colors in what
you've already written. So like:

$ foo<tab>
foobar
foobaz

There, it would auto fill the ba and color "fooba". Then it is
easy to see the next key to continue is either r or z.

I wonder if gnu getline can do that too, in a list with long
commands, it is hard to tell where the ambiguity actually is.

Of course, eventually I'll write my own shell with my own
completion function! terminal.d is slowly getting there.