New menus are up

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Thu Jan 22 14:01:35 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 20 January 2015 at 04:03:23 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:
>> Well let be honest the site was in need of some fresh air. And
>> the new
>> menu is really good. Congratulations.
>
> Thanks! Well it's probably time to start talking content, too.

Here's another guiding thought. The site should self-consciously
address the needs of the following 4 user demographics:

1. Experienced programmers, new to D. This section contains
introductory material explaining D's mission or missions.

2. Beginning programmers. Material that treats D as possibly a
first language.

3. Experienced D users. Reference materials. Important new facts.

4. The community. Publications, social events, news chatter.

Decide on the relative importance of the different demographics
(I listed them in my personal order). For each given box or
button, determine which demographic(s) are served. Group items
together accordingly.