dlang.org redesign -- a better code sample for landing page

aldanor via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 05:34:35 PST 2015

Does anyone find the example on the landing page particularly
exciting? (aside from it using an rdmd shebang) Anything that
makes you, as a programmer, think -- huh, that's interesting,
I'll need to check that out.

It would be nice if it showcases more of D's strong parts, e.g.
type inference -- so an "auto" declaration could be used, maybe
assoc arrays or range stuff. Maybe even a little bit of
templating seeing how that's an integral part of D and how much
more natural meta code looks like as compared to many other
languages.

This is a very important snippet of code as it serves as the face
of the front page of the language, I suggest we put some thought
into it and make it more interesting and elegant. Any objections?
Any takers?

Another option is to have multiple code samples and rotate them
-- that's what Ruby does.