dlang.org redesign -- general thoughts and issues [part 1]

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 09:41:20 PST 2015

On Friday, 23 January 2015 at 10:31:45 UTC, aldanor wrote:
> Hi all, I've started redesigning dlang.org AGAIN (yea, I
> know...).
>
> There are several issues with structure and presentation that I
> think will have to be addressed. While compiling these, I also
> had several people that know nothing about D look at the
> website structrure and make independent comments. Please see my
> semi-organized collection of thoughts below.

My own thought:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/pywtsfqqrqigxynfakdx@forum.dlang.org

Basically, I suggest consciously addressing these four
demographics in designing the site:

1. Experienced programmers, new to D.

2. Beginning programmers.

3. Experienced D users.

4. The community. Publications, social events, news chatter.