std.experimental.logger formal review round 3

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 12:24:52 PST 2015

On 1/6/15 8:51 AM, Robert burner Schadek wrote:
> recent updates:
> * Martins CT log function disabling (thanks Martin)
> * new thread local indirection Logger between free standing log
> functions and program global Logger
> * more documentation
> * some @trusted have been remove (thanks Dicebot)
> * local imports
>
> please review

I propose we pull this in today and make it available for 2.067 as
std.experimental.logger.

We've been through a number of iterations with this and the best way to
move forward is to accumulate a bit of real-world experience with it.
Since we're deploying to std.experimental there is understanding
breaking changes are still possible.

Dicebot, as the review manager you get to decide. What do you say?

Andrei