dlang.org redesign n+2 (the one with the bold red vertical menu)

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 18:43:45 PST 2015

Inspired by the recent developments, and Sebastiaan Koppe's
version [1] specifically, I gave it a go, too:

http://ag0aep6g-dlang.rhcloud.com/

It's not as radical as other approaches. I didn't start from
scratch, but tried to improve on what's there. Almost everything
stayed in its place. The only thing that moved significantly is
the search box. And I'm not sure about the new spot; may be
better to put it above #content again.

I worked mostly on the general appearance, not on the content,
not on the navigation hierarchy, not on styling specific pages. I
did very minor adjustments to the homepage, though. Like fixing
the grammar of the slogan ;) And I stole Sebastiaan's tables, as
can be seen on property.html, for example.

I tried to keep all functionality, not cutting things for the
sake of looking clean. I did kill two little details though:
* "D 2.066.1" in the menu -- What's the point of that linking to
the home page? Maybe bring it back as "Home".
* the GitHub ribbon on download.html -- Because I hate it.

The site supposed to scale nicely with window size and font size.
E.g., try resizing the window, or pressing Ctrl++ until the
layout switches to 'mobile' (go back to default with Ctrl+0).

On that note, I changed the main font size to 1em, period. That's
a thing I feel kinda strongly about. It's just the right thing to
do (TM) in my opinion.

I have not been a good committer, so there's lots of cleanup to
do. But aside from that, this is supposed to mergeable as it is.

Destroy.

[1]
http://forum.dlang.org/thread/erksyjogigdbhuwpwnzn@forum.dlang.org