dlang.org redesign -- the state of documentation and learning resources [part 2]

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Fri Jan 23 19:56:36 PST 2015

On 1/23/15 9:03 AM, aldanor wrote:
> In continuing the series of rant posts about the website, this one will
> be about the documentation. This is a big one and no fixing css or
> pretty menus can amend this.
[snip]

These insights are solid, sorry for not explicitly stating my position
earlier.

My suggestion for these ideas to materialize is to initiate pull
requests for everything that is a net improvement on the state of
affairs, and create issues for the larger items that need more
collaborators or longer spans of work. I will preapprove appropriately.

Incremental is key here. Of this list of desirable things, what is one
thing that could be done now and result in a better site? For example
Panke updated wc.dd. Now we're in a better place than before, even if
say in a month's time we decide to replace the example completely.

I restate: if you provide me a simple way to fill a step-by-step
tutorial, I'll happily do it.

Andrei