dlang.org redesign n+2 (the one with the bold red vertical menu)

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 24 07:20:14 PST 2015

On Saturday, 24 January 2015 at 06:46:13 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 January 2015 at 06:43:41 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
>> Very nice! I like how when I split my screen to half-width, it
>> automatically collapses the left navigation bar into an
>> expandable
>> button. Not sure how you achieved that (JS?) but that neatly
>> solves the
>> handheld vs. desktop dilemma that some of the other proposals
>> suffer
>> from.
>
> dlang.org has had that for a few days now.

Yeah, I can't take credit for that. I did change it from px to em
though, so that it reacts to large fonts, too.

The layout switching is pure CSS (media queries). The menu button
is JS. I'm not too happy about relying on JS there, but I don't
see a way around it.