dlang.org redesign n+2 (the one with the bold red vertical menu)

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 24 07:37:21 PST 2015

On Saturday, 24 January 2015 at 04:20:00 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> It is rather... red...
>
> Good logo integration, but I'm not that excited about
> everything else. The header-less page looks unusual, and what
> remains of the black background is now an uneven border that's
> neither here nor there. The bright blue used for the links also
> clashes with the gigantic red sidebar.

Regarding the colors, my monitor definitely isn't callibrated, so
it may be too bright/intensive. I did just use the red from
<http://dlang.skoppe.eu>, not thinking twice about it. Color
adjustments would of course be trivial.

About the header-less-ness, yeah it's a little different. But I
think it puts nice emphasis on the content. When I go to some
deep page of the site, I don't need "D Programming Language" to
be first thing on the screen, taking away (vertical) space and
attention from the stuff I'm interested in.

Can't say I agree about the black background. I think it looks
nice.