Remove "std." from library reference menu?

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 24 10:47:47 PST 2015

On Sat, Jan 24, 2015 at 06:41:51PM +0000, weaselcat via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Saturday, 24 January 2015 at 17:32:14 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
> >Thanks @JinShil!
> >https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/827
> >
> >The con is that some people may find it confusing, thinking they
> >should import algorithm instead of std.algorithm etc.
> >
> >On the other hand the documentation of each module has "std." in
> >clear in the heading.
> >

> >Thoughts?
> >
> >Andrei
>
> +1
> Since the fix for names leaking outside the frames, it looks bad with
> long std.* names wrapped.
> https://i.imgur.com/yhyq5pp.png

Yeah, I think we should make std.container.* and std.range.* collapsed /
expandable as well. It should look something like this:

	std
	 » algorithm
	 » (+) container
	 » conv
	 » csv

When expanded it should look something like this:

	std
	 » algorithm
	 » (-) container
	    » binaryheap
	    » dlist
	    » rbtree
	    » slist
	    » util
	 » conv
	 » csv

Not sure about the exact location of the expand button, but you get the
idea.

It is of the new things that men tire --- of fashions and proposals and
improvements and change. It is the old things that startle and
intoxicate. It is the old things that are young. -- G.K. Chesterton