Versioning the language spec on dlang.org

Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sat Jan 24 19:33:34 PST 2015

On 1/24/15 4:50 PM, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> 2) Version the language docs on dlang.org so that these doc PRs get
> pulled into a separate prerelease section of dlang.org, so that people
> can have a sneak preview of what's coming, and bleeding-edge git HEAD
> people actually have up-to-date reference docs on dlang.org (instead of
> having to build their own from git HEAD).  Phobos already has a
> phobos-prerelease section, of course, but the language docs currently
> don't.

This is quite easy to do by using tags. Currently we use tags to build
the latest and prerelease versions of Phobos - see LATEST-related code
in posix.mak.

Should be easy to pull the LATEST tag from dlang.org and put that in the
main site, and redirect the current into e.g. dlang.org/new or something.

Andrei