Calypso and the future of D

Walter Bright via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 25 02:17:51 PST 2015

On 1/24/2015 5:26 PM, Elie Morisse wrote:
> The README should be clearer now about what Calypso is supposed to do, links to
> the showcase example which I improved and expanded with a template partial and
> explicit spec example, and explains how to build it and link it to a C++ library.
>

> (thanks to the simple partial spec example a nasty oversight about partial
> specializations was also fixed in the process, which may well be the #1 source
> of the snags I hit while importing Ogre)

I'm sorry, but it still far from clear just what Calypso does.

Suppose I have a C++ file, test.cpp, that contains:

     int foo(unsigned *p);

How do I use Calypso to interface with that from D:

     ... what happens here ? ...
     uint x;
     foo(&x);

Next, in the README example, it says:

   $ clang++ -std=c++11 -c showcase.cpp -o showcase.cpp.o
   $ ar rcs libshowcase.a showcase.cpp.o
   $ ldc2 -cpp-args -std=c++11 -Llibshowcase.a -L-lstdc++ showcase.d

Where's Calypso in that?