std.zip

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 25 19:22:14 PST 2015

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:33:26 +0000, Laeeth Isharc wrote:

> On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 02:17:29 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 02:09:17 +0000, Laeeth Isharc wrote:
>>
>>> Is it worth creating a higher tier within code.dlang.org of libraries
>>> considered to be of high quality that may have a semi-official stamp?
>>> When you know your way around, you can see what is actively maintained
>>> and take a peek at the source, but it is one more friction for
>>> newcomers when it is not clear which library to use when Phobos
>>> doesn't fully do what you want.
>>
>> i believe that there were some ideas about "ranking" projects in dub
>> repository, and they were discussed in NGs. yet i don't remember the
>> conclusions, 'cause i'm not using dub, has no plans to use dub and so
>> i'm not really motivated enough to track such discussions.
>
> Understood.  I guess you don't need to use dub the program, to use
> code.dlang.org the index as just a directory.

you are right, directory can be browsed in searched from web browser. yet
i'm not interested in that too, 'cause googling by "dlang" either returns
something on the first pages, and this indicates the "liveness" of the
project, or can't find anything to show me right away, which means "ok,
i'll do it myself then". ;-)