defunct / stale forums on front page

ketmar via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Sun Jan 25 20:12:16 PST 2015

On Mon, 26 Jan 2015 03:56:36 +0000, Vladimir Panteleev wrote:

> On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 03:43:53 UTC, ketmar wrote:
>> On Sun, 25 Jan 2015 19:37:00 -0800, H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d wrote:
>>
>>> Shouldn't it be expanded by default and collapsed if JS is available?
>>
>> my uneducated guess is that "collapser" is not using jquery, so it was
>> able to successfully collaspe the whole thing. and then "expander" is
>> using jquery, so it failed.
>
> Actually, we inject a CSS rule based on whether JS is enabled or not. We
> can't check for jQuery there because its loading is deferred.

and there is no fully working method to check if js is disabled.
"noscript" tag is not reliable, 'cause people tend to use all kind of
blockers these days, and some of that blockers can be flawed. and then
people will complain that "this site is not working with javascript
disabled", while js is technically not disabled, but restricted in some
way.

sadly, i don't know a good solution to this.