D Meetup in Berlin

Ben via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 01:24:20 PST 2015

On Sunday, 25 January 2015 at 14:10:15 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> tl; dr: it has happenned and it was nice :) I will let Ben post
> some more details.
>
> AFAIU plan is to move on with ~monthly events.

So first up thanks everyone for coming and making it a good
event, a good time was had by all I think.

The current plan moving forward, based on feedback from people on
the night, is to try and organize monthly meetups that will take
place on a Friday night. The format will be one main presentation
followed by questions, discussion, and a drink or two. The
presentations could be in the form of a formal talk, a workshop
style discussion talk, or even a discussion about some problems
you are currently having with some facet of D. There is also the
option to have a time for one or two lightning talks after the
initial presentation.

The venue we used was great but I don't think it will work for
presentations so we will need to find a new venue.

I'll post again when I have found a good venue and we have a date
for the next meetup. Thanks again to everyone for coming along
and making it a good night.