phobos and 64-bit real, anybody testing?

Dan Olson via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 08:49:56 PST 2015

A question for the floating point experts.  Do phobos unittests get run
on any architectures with 64-bit reals?  I would like to know if there
are known failures.

I have identified all the phobos unittest failures on ARMv7 iOS and
commented out failing asserts so that the remainder of the module
unittests could pass.  An example where there are many failed tests is
std.internal.math.gammafunction where a nan is produced but a valid
value is expected.  Other times the computed result is completely
different from what is expected.  Note that for ARM I am clearing "Flush
to Zero" and "Default NaN" modes in fpscr which helps pass many other
tests.  Normally these modes are enabled for iOS.  Also, iOS uses
float-abi=softfp.
--
Dan