521 days, 22 hours, 7 minutes and 52 seconds...

H. S. Teoh via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 10:17:00 PST 2015

On Mon, Jan 26, 2015 at 10:09:45AM -0800, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> ...is what took to get std.experimental.logger in Phobos.
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/phobos/pull/1500
>
> A time to celebrate! Many thanks to Robert who carried it through a
> long gestation, Dicebot for managing the review process, and everybody
> who provided feedback, especially Martin Nowak for his ideas.
[...]

Certainly, this deserves celebration!

But OTOH, if *this* is what it takes to contribute a new module to
Phobos, then it's no wonder we have trouble finding contributors...
Most would give up before they even try. I think there's an imbalance
here between the quality of existing Phobos modules vs. the quality
expected of future Phobos modules. Whatever happened to incremental
refinement??  Do we really expect flawless perfection before merging to,
of all places, std.*experimental*?

Fact is stranger than fiction.