accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 12:45:01 PST 2015

On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 20:38:43 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 12:34 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>> I'm not sure what you mean by "context-sensitive tokens".
>
> A keyword in one context and an identifier in another.

Then I'm a little confused.  What does this have to do with
adding new attributes to a function?  Just because a word is used
as a function attribute doesn't mean it has to be a keyword.  If
the grammar supported decorating a function with a list of id
tokens (not just keywords), then you could implement a variation
on the c++ solution of allowing "override" and "final" after a
function signature.  Just because they are function attributes
does not mean they were tokenized as "keywords".