Pandas example of groupby

Laeeth Isharc via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 13:45:05 PST 2015

> As far as I know, the current groupBy docs explain quite
> clearly what it
> does.  If you find it still inadequate or unclear, please file
> bug against it so that we can look into improving the docs.

Read the docs now - they are perfect within the context of the
style of documentation (and these documents themselves have
certainly been improved over the past months).

It is very clear to me, but I am not sure it would be to everyone
I work with.  The formal library description may not be the place
for this, but I do think many less sophisticated readers would
find the style below more accessible and easier to follow (this
is not about groupBy, but a broader question of documentation to
supplement the formal reference description for the standard
library):

http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/stable/groupby.html

I appreciate that it is all very well to suggest improvements but
someone actually has to do the work.  Recognizing the direction
of what might be helpful is perhaps a start though.  I might be
on my own with this view, but I don't think I am.