accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 13:56:19 PST 2015

On Monday, 26 January 2015 at 21:28:51 UTC, Zach the Mystic wrote:
> I think the short answer is that it's WAY too complicated for
> the benefit. Also, why burden the syntax highlighter, let alone
> the human reader, with ambiguities like this?

There is no ambiguity in "object.body" or even "object.if =
42"... All you need is an escape mechanism in the definition.

The reason for why you want this is that you interoperate with
external interfacing definitions and standards that you auto
generate D code from. It is not likely that the external world
(like governments who define record exchange standards) will
adapt their naming policies to D idiocracies.

If you cannot use "body" as a field name then you cannot
implement the HTML5 DOM according to the standard.