accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Zach the Mystic via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Mon Jan 26 19:25:57 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 02:40:16 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 1/26/2015 6:15 PM, Zach the Mystic wrote:
>> What's keeping you from committing to 'dfix' as the way to
>> solve issues like the
>> one in this thread?
>
> Inertia of people being reluctant to use it. It's still work
> for people to use, it's not part of their build process.

What about compiler integration? I'm talking about fundamental
language changes. Why would people use it if it didn't have
official backing and wasn't part of the compiler package? In this
post:

http://forum.dlang.org/post/uimpnhiweuitnnbeqshu@forum.dlang.org

... I said: 'For example, let's say dfix is included with the
compiler package.
Now you get an error, saying: "Error: `@nogc` is no longer
accepted, but can be automatically replaced with `nogc`. Run dfix
on this file? (y/n)"... or whatever is deemed the secure approach
to this feature.'

That's what I mean by "commiting to dfix."