accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 00:30:43 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 07:50:36 UTC, ketmar wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jan 2015 02:11:55 +0000, Jonathan Marler wrote:
>
>> This has become quite frustrating.  I'm not sure how else to
>> explain
>> myself so maybe I'm just being dumb.
> you are dumb. you can be dumb for some time, and then BANG!
> your proposal
> is silently made "right". yet you're still dumb. that is The
> Way Of D.

"that is the way of D"...sad... I may have to agree with you on
some of your points.  Even after explaining my idea 3 or 4 times,
it seemed to fall on deaf ears, or more specifically,
uninterested ears that didn't try to understand.  It's very
frustrating when you take the time to write up an idea and no one
bothers read it well enough to understand it, let alone take a
few minutes to think about it.  D is by far the best language
I've worked with, but there's still work to be done.  It has been
quite disheartening when I try to discuss anything in the forums.
  People are very quick to respond to posts without fully reading
them and the meat of the content gets lost in a slew of responses
that miss the point.  I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or how
this can be improved.  But this pattern seems to keep happening
no matter what topic is discussed.  Not sure how to solve
this...I'll think on this tomorrow.