accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Jacob Carlborg via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 12:47:15 PST 2015

On 2015-01-27 17:49, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d wrote:

> IMHO, if we have to search for a way to make them consistent, then there's
> no point. We're just going to end up with making things more consistent in
> one way and less in another without necessarily making it any easier for
> anyone to keep track of, so we'd just be shuffling things around. I think
> that there needs to be a clear and solid benefit to changing which
> attributes have @ and which don't, or we shouldn't mess with them.

We could change all attributes to be compiler recognized UDA's, which
would require prefixing them with @. All current attributes would be
removed. This is of course a major breaking change and will not happen.

Since they would be UDA's it would be possible to disambiguate with
other UDA's with the same name in another module.

--
/Jacob Carlborg