DMD 2.066.1 is missing in the Digitalmars FTP

Brad Roberts via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 18:41:03 PST 2015

On 12/8/2014 8:15 AM, Martin Nowak via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On 12/03/2014 09:36 PM, Jordi Sayol via Digitalmars-d wrote:

>>> We should convince Brad to drop year subfolders (or add redirects),
>>> as it makes it much harder to maintain install scripts.
>>>
>> year folder can be replaced by version folder. This will keep files
>> tidy and will make easier to maintain install scripts.
>>
> Brad, do you think we could get this :), it would be really helpful.
> If you need a motivation look at my recent travis-ci pull
> (https://github.com/travis-ci/travis-build/pull/340/files#diff-ac986a81b67f1bd5851c535881c18abeR87),
> I'll have to update that script after almost every release.

I spent the time today to read up on how to use s3 website redirects,
since s3 doesn't support symlinks.  The only new requirement is for the
http client to follow a 301 redirect, which most do.

The new directories:
    http://downloads.dlang.org/pre-release/<majorversion>.x/<version>/...
    http://downloads.dlang.org/release/<majorversion>.x/<version>/...

All beta and release candidates are grouped by the to-be-released
version number under the pre-release tree.  Having most of the early
versions in a versioned directory is a little silly due to there only
being a single .zip file in each, but helps with consistency.

The existing yearly directories still exist and contain the actual files
still to avoid any chance of breaking old clients that don't support
redirect following.

I hope that makes you guys a little happier..

Later,
Brad