Oplink PR Ping

Jonathan Marler via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Tue Jan 27 20:17:10 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 00:20:08 UTC, Vladimir Panteleev
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 20:31:57 UTC, Jonathan Marler
> wrote:
>> I still haven't figured out how to email someone without
>> knowing their email address.  Could we get a developer to work
>> on that? Maybe I'll file a bug report.
>>
>> Internet Bug: Unable to email someone without knowing their
>> email address
>>
>> Silly internet, why didn't Al Gore think of this!
>
> The web forum does not expose the email addresses users post
> with via a clickable link (so that evil spam robots don't
> harvest them). That doesn't mean that they're not available.
>
> You can view the raw message source by getting a post's
> address will be there.

Just had a thought.  You could expose the email addresses only
for users that are logged in.  That way the evil robots won't be
able to steal the email addresses but real people can still
access them easily.  However, maybe it is meant to be difficult
by design? in which case nevermind :)