[website redesign] PR for the one with the big red menu bar

NVolcz via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 00:21:05 PST 2015

On Tuesday, 27 January 2015 at 20:02:12 UTC, anonymous wrote:
> PR:
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/869 -
> For details see here.
> Live version: http://ag0aep6g-dlang.rhcloud.com - If you've
> visited this before, you may have to clear your cache to see
> the proper logo color.

I generally have a very bad sense of design. So with that said
here is my opinion:
To much red.
I like the menu styling very much. I however prefer when the
menus are on the top so it does not compete with the content.
The dmd version in the menu seems unnecessary.
Would be nice if the announcement and discussion boxes scaled a
bit more. They are way to small right now.
I like the style of the site. The yellowish gives the site a old
school feel.
What are peoples feeling about the "fork me on github ribbon"?

On a semi unrelated note. We should really improve the content on
the landing page. Right now it's way to much text.

Best regards,
NVolcz