accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 05:20:23 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 13:14:16 UTC, bearophile wrote:
> Dicebot:
>
>> Yes, but it didn't also fix anything, only introduced more
>> ways to do the same thing - without any plans for some
>> consistent model.
>
> One of the rules of the Python Zen:
>
> There should be one-- and preferably only one --obvious way to
> do it.
>
> The word "obvious" is important, because usually there are
> multiple ways to do something, but only one of them should be
> obvious in Python :-)

I am aware of Python Zen and generally it is not applicable to D.
Multiple ways of doing the same thing can be justified both for
backwards compatibility and pragmatical reason. But in this case
I see no improvement that could justify it.

I'd welcome the change to attribute syntax but only one that
actually fixes the problems and not just rearranges things.