Throwable.TraceInfo

david via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 06:41:42 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 14:17:36 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
> AFAIK it is exactly generation of stack trace that takes so
> long. Recently it was changes to be generated lazily which is
> why version without `toString` is much faster. I don't think it
> can be any better if you want stack trace. For getting just the
> exception data one can directly access `e.msg` / `e.file` /
> `e.line`

I'll try to hack away a version with my own handler - and check
what's actually taking time there.
However, I wouldn't think a simple stack traversal (basically ~15
indirections) takes a 2-3ms - that's a million cycles for 15
simple actions.
I would assume something in the order of 100 cycles per frame
(say) - so you're left with handling in the usecs