Throwable.TraceInfo

david via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 07:20:56 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 14:59:36 UTC, Benjamin Thaut
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 14:45:04 UTC, david wrote:
>>
>> BTW: The code of the 'ctor generates the calltrace - so it's
>> not lazy!
>
> No, getting the pointers of the stack trace is not lazy.
> Translating them into a string via debug symbols is lazy. Btw
> what platform are you on?

We're exclusively on Linux.
And no - I don't want the strings during runtime.
I understand generating strings can be time consuming.
I'm willing to offload this to offline processing - during
runtime, I just want access to the calltrace - i.e.
void*[NUM_FRAMES].
I feel like I need to resort to code duplication from druntime :(