accept @pure @nothrow @return attributes

Dicebot via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 07:25:03 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 15:18:44 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
>> Same goes for possible introduction of new attributes - if
>> syntax for those and UDA is identical, it can break code same
>> as introducing new keywords.
>
> Same for any symbol. Do you have a solution?

Long time ago I have proposed to actually define built-it
attributes as UDA's in public druntime module. That way any
possible conflict can be resolved relatively easy with dfix using
module system disambugation (or just hard-code druntime symbols
to be legal to shadow by user ones, though that sounds too much
of a magic and surprise)

>> I don't see any _vision_ behind the change, just moving bits
>> around.
>>
>> It is not well-thought.
>
> @pure, @nothrow and @return are relatively obscure attributes,
> so if they change, it should cause minor commotion. If you want
> to overhaul everything, you can propose a DIP.

The one who wants to make a change should propose a DIP. I am
personally OK with status quo for the time being - there are more
important issues.