Who knows about https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/update.sh?

David Soria Parra via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 10:41:01 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 16:18:18 UTC, Andrei
Alexandrescu wrote:
> We have a really nice script:
>
> https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/tools/blob/master/update.sh
>
> Basically fetching that script and running it creates a full
> dmd development rig, soup to nuts. It's a boon for would-be
> contributors. In addition, it's a really clean and nicely
> written script that can be easily followed and traced.
>
> We should raise awareness of it. Ideas on how to do that?
>

> Andrei

Typical Rust, some ruby or php projects and for example clojures
leinigen offer just the script to download like:

   http://get-dlang.org/install.sh

and have get-dlang.org being a super simple site that explains
how to download it. Then feature it in every announcement and
make it one of the major ways of getting D.