[website redesign] PR for the one with the big red menu bar

anonymous via Digitalmars-d digitalmars-d at puremagic.com
Wed Jan 28 10:50:05 PST 2015

On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 16:13:44 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> I like it. The grey on the left panel is a bit too dark,
> though. Maybe
> a touch brighter?
>
> OTOH, if the point is to match it with the grey on the right
> stream
> boxes, then I guess it's OK.

Yes, it's the same background color: #333 or hls(0,0%,20%) (i.e.
lightness = 20%).

The menu vanishes a bit with that background, doesn't it? It
looks rather slick, though.

I can't seem to find a good border color for a lighter menu
background, because the lightness of the border comes close to
that of the page background, and they blend.